OK, I want to get a handheld system and can't really decide between Nintendo DS and Sony PSP (I think I spelled those right). The stylus thingie scares me -- I have a tendency to lose small objects. The PSP seems like more than I need (watch videos, use it as a phone, teleport, ...) but it's not that much more than the DS. Should I just spend the extra for the PSP? Is it worth it? Or should I hope for the best with the stylus and support good ol' Nintendo (esp with the blueray winning out ... grrrr to Sony). Help!
- Music:KT Tunstall
All right! Off to said observation!
If anyone is curious about my movie answers, I posted them in the comments. Geepgal, your answer was correct -- Fievel Goes West was still called an American Tail (there was subtitlage involved).
So, voting is coming up on March 4th. The only channel that's been showing campaign commercials is Food Network. Weird, right? On top of that, they only show one from each candidate and put them back to back. So, you watch Obama and then Clinton (or vice versa). Weirdsville! I'm sure it's some kind of comment on Vermont life, but I can't quite figure it out. My brain goes into convulsions whenever I try. Thankfully, there's AB to distract me with yummies and fun facts. Mmmmm ... Good Eats.
1. Pick 15 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Looking them up (and then posting your answers) is, of course, cheating.
1. I’M AN IDIOT! Echo: YOU'RE AN IDIOT!
2. Gee, I’m glad you turned up. We’ve been looking inside every cake in town.
3. I think it’s better to have ideas. You can change an idea.
4. If he were a flavor, you can bet he would be sour.
5. I’m in the middle of one of my lesbian orgy dreams and he’s staring at me like I’m supposed to include him. I can’t even fantasize in private.
6. Well how do you like that? Not so much as a “kiss my foot” or “have an apple.”
7. She has her own gang, too. It’s called big Dolores.
Hope Floats geepgal
8. I’ll bite your legs off!
Monty Python's Holy Grail ambientguise
9. Give ‘em the laaaazy eye
. Fievel Goes West geepgal
10. A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having.
11. Build a Jacuzzi and they will come.
Muppets in Space ambientguise
12. Anybody want a peanut?
Princess Bride paperkingdoms
13. Fix your boobs; you look like a bleedin’ Picasso!
Robin Hood -- Men in Tights geepgal
14. Did I catch a niner in there? Were you calling from a walkie-talkie?
15. You talk of feeling idle and useless. Imagine how that is compounded when one has no hope, no choice of any occupation whatsoever.
Sense and sensibility ambientguise
I actually turned down a job today! Feeling a bit light-headed, but proud of my ballsiness. One of the agencies called about direct service positions ("in the trenches" was the phrase used) which is what I did in PA. I did really love it, but now that I have my Masters, I want something "higher-up." I took his name and number, in case I don't hear anything else in the next two weeks or so (there is always working my way up), but I'm really expecting more nibbles.
Trying to keep from going into cleaning/hostess frenzy with mom and sis arriving tonight, so here goes with the meme ...
1) Are you currently in a serious relationship?
Yep! We are actually in the same state, which is glorious
2) What was your dream growing up?
teacher, dancer, artist (this is like kindergarten and 1st grade)
3) What talent do you wish you had?
right now, crocheting a blanket
4) If I bought you a drink what would it be?
shot of Patron Silver
5) Favorite vegetable?
mmmm ... love my veggies! corn, peas, lima beans, green beans, edamame, greens, broccoli
6) What was the last book you read?
Working on Omnivore's Dilemma right now
7) What zodiac sign are you?
8) Any Tattoos and/or Piercings? Explain where. (Hello, photos!)
piercings:ears, tattoo:right foot
9) Worst Habit?
biting finger nails (shudder)
10) If you saw me walking down the street would you offer me a ride?
you betcha! I owe you a kidnapping
11) What is your favorite sport?
Baseball ... B and K have shared its loveliness with me
12) Do you have a Negative or Optimistic attitude?
13) What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator with me?
hunker down for a nice long chat ... maybe call in for snackies ("do you deliver to the elevator?")
14) Worst thing to ever happen to you?
honestly, i've been quite lucky. nothing that knocked me down for very long.
15) Tell me one weird fact about you.
i can whistle through my front teeth
16) Do you have any pets?
my Mabel cat
17) What if i showed up at your house unexpectedly?
I'd squeal and jump around!! :)
18) What was your first impression of me? (hmmm...careful!)
i can't even remember anymore! something involving Girl Scouts, I'm guessing ... possibly lemmi (sp?) sticks?
19) Do you think clowns are cute or scary?
depends on the clown. i like the sad clowns best. they don't spray you with water or put random shaped balloons on your head.
20) If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be?
a bit more fit
21) Would you be my crime partner or my conscience?
ooo, crime partner!
22) What color eyes do you have?
23) Ever been arrested?
24) Bottle or can soda?
fountain, preferably with a value meal ... mmmm, junk food
25) If you won $10,000 today, what would you do with it?
pay off some student loans
27) What's your favorite place to hang at?
B and K's place
28) Do you believe in ghosts?
not really, think whole psychic/talking with the dead thing is a crock
29) Favorite thing to do in your spare time?
reading, watching tv, crocheting, game cube, putting the apt together (ok ... might have a plethora of spare time at the moment)
30) Do you swear a lot?
when playing video games or talking about republicans
31) Biggest pet peeve?
the ultra sensitive smoke detector in the kitchen
32) In one word, how would you describe yourself?
33) Do you believe/appreciate romance?
i do now (cue the schmaltzy music). I agree with K, though, on the little gestures bit. They really do mean the most.
35) Do you believe in God?
I believe in a creator, but not necessarily "God." Religious specifics are silly and dangerous.
|Your Karaoke Theme Song is "Margaritaville"|
You are a true party animal, but your style is mild and chill.
Kicking back with a few friends and a few drinks is all you need to be happy.
You certainly don't feel pressured to be a part of any party scene. In fact, you avoid trendier spots.
You've been known to kick loose anywhere and everywhere. All you need is a cooler.
You might also sing: "Gin and Juice," "Love Shack," and "Red Red Wine"
Stay away from people who sing: "Wind Beneath My Wings"
Sat is supposed to be cleaning day, but A and I were *not* feeling it, so we decided to go shopping instead! Weee! Got multiple forms of storage and hardware to hang pics. When we got home, I got to play "handy woman." Soooo much fun to run around with a hammer/nails and whack the walls! I was on a roll and started putting some of the shelves together too, but soon realized it was after 9pm. Neighbors *might* not appreciate the noise of a crazy lady swinging at random pieces of metal ("this looks right" ... whack/whack/whack ... "hmmm, maybe this is right" ... whack/whack/whack).
With my extra time, I've been cooking outside of my comfort zone this week. Tried out Mahi Mahi (made friends with the lady at the seafood/fish counter) and chickpea burgers. It was fun to just make something new.
I know that 2 of my resumes/applications actually made it to the people hiring for the positions, which is exciting! We'll have to wait and see if anything comes of it.
Mom and sister are coming to visit next week (yeah!!! anyone surprised they are visiting so soon? teehee!) A and I are going futon shopping tonight so they actually have a place to sleep.
The Petsmart in VT does not groom cats (grrrrr) and I'm having a hard time finding anyone else in the area who does. Mabel and I both need haircuts ... the shedding is getting out of control!
I've decided that this week I am doing *nothing* work-seeking related. I'm up to 7 or 8 sound resumes out and am just driving myself crazy waiting to hear back from anyone. I feel better already! :) Picked up some crochet books, needles, and yarn to try once again to teach myself this stuff. It's like trying to learn a skill and a new language. I tried to do two "easy" projects but am not even there yet, so I'm making a scarf out of a fun looking stitch I found in a book (yeah, library!) A's cake come out deee-licious. We cut small squares out of the extra fondant to patch up all of the holes and gaps, but were quite proud of the first attempt. Ooo, and my new wine glasses came today! They are so cool! They are Mikasa's Cheers line and are just beautiful. I broke 2 of the 4 red glasses A had, so I figured I *had* to get them. Yeah for excuses to buy bright, shiny objects!